We are well trained in resurfacing to NWFA guidelines. We exceed industry sanding techniques by utilizing rotary sanding machines that allow us to separate our sanding into two phases: rough and fine. Traditionally floors are sanded with a belt sander then finished off with a buffer. This is an outdated technique that can create surface issues. We use 220v sanders designed specifically for the finer and flatter cutting of wood floors.
All of our orbital sanding equipment, (edgers, buffers, etc) are hooked up at all times to hoses that feed into professional floor sanding vacuums that help ensure a cleaner, healthier job site for your family and for us.
We are heavily trained in executing jaw dropping stain applications. Whether you picture deep mahogany reds or coffee bean espresso browns we are trained to turn your vision to fruition.
Our stain applications add a dramatic element to your floors and homes. We apply stain samples directly on the floors being resurfaced to give our customers the ideal preview of what to expect. We force the stain into the raw wood with an orbital polisher thus providing deep rich tones and consistency in execution.
Oil – Water – UV Cured
We offer 3 different wood floor finishes. We are here to match you with the site finished floor application that is right for you. For the record, we do not use dangerous, combustible finishes such as laquer sealer or moisture cure. These are oudated, harmful finishes that have been outlawed in many states due to their harmful effects on the respitory system and combustible properties. We strictly use low VOC and VOC free finishes that are healthy for you and your home, safe for the enviroment and stronger for your floor.
In a nutshell the following finishes are coatings that are applied to a wood floor after all sanding and prep work is complete. We are often asked which is the best wood floor coating available and we truly beleive that each floor application suits everyone’s needs differently. For example, for those on a budget, are flipping a home, have a low traffic home (no pets or kids) or plan to move within several years then an oil based polyurethane may be just right for you. However to those who need to be back on their floors as soon as possible, want a super clear modern non yellowing finish, have very high traffic in their homes or businesses or have health concerns and want the safest finish available then water modified or a UV cured finish may be right for you.
Oil Based Polyurethane
- $ [cost effective]
- enhances natural beauty of the wood with a rich ambering effect
- available in 3 sheens: satin, semi and high gloss
- each coat requires 24 hours inbetween coats
- releases small odor and emits hydrocarbons into the air while drying
- needs roughly 30 days to reach full cure
- floors susceptible to scuffing and scratching until full cure
- moderately scratch resistent
- ideal for residential and light commercial applications
Water Modified Floor Finish
- $$ [slightly more expensive than oil based polyurethane]
- milky white finish, dries clear and leaves no ambering effect on wood
- earth friendly, super low voc content, does not gass off harmfull emmisions
- can be recoated in less than 2 hours opposed to 24 hours when using oil
- needs roughly 7 days to reach full cure
- higher scratch and scuff resistency opposed to oil based polyurethane
- ideal for residential and commercial applications
UV Cured Wood Floor Finish
- $$$ [slightly more expensive than water modified floor finish]
- same process as water modified except final coat is cured with uv ray machines
- breakthrough new technology that allows floor to fully cure instantly, no more waiting
- traffic, rugs, furniture ok immediately after floor is cured
- super low voc content, no harmfull emmisions, earth friendly
- restaurants and retail stores can be resurfaced overnight and not lose business
- highest scratch, scuff and chemical resistant wood floor coating available
- hardest, most durable finish for wood floors currently available
- ideal for high residential traffic and all commercial applications